Sunday, March 30, 2014

Giving My ALL to HIM

Time for Spiritual Sundays...

Another transparent moment:

My pastor challenged me (and others) to be consistent in my worship/devotional time with the Lord. Do I read the Bible and pray? Yes, of course I do.  Am I consistent with talking to Jesus and reading my Bible on a daily basis without distractions? I can honestly say that I am not. Things are not always what they seem. Yes, I’m a Christian, and I "act" like one. People know that I’m one. But how is my relationship with Christ?  It needs to GROW!!! I swear this motherhood thing is HARD.  If I’m consistent with working out, something else seems to lack in my life whether it be spiritually or mentally.  I’m truly trying to find a balance in my life to be spiritually, physically, and mentally balanced. 

Today, Pastor Chris said something soooo profound today, and it went a little something like this (in my own words)…

“If you are experiencing just a little bit of depression, it’s not depression. You’re in bondage because you haven’t been open to the healing/restoration that accompanies giving your worries to God through prayer.”  That thing got me this morning because I know that because of our situation over the past few years, I have not totally been trusting God. Yup...me!!!  Leslie is not the person you may think she is, and I've finally acknowledged that it's time to up the game! I was convicted beyond measure.  It’s been a whirlwind...like being mad at God because He didn't do things the way I just knew they were supposed to be done.  But God has repeatedly been asking me to put my trust in Him. Commit to Him. Love on Him. In reality, I know what to do and how to do it, but I’ve been scared to release my all to Him. (Yes, I’m being extremely transparent here.)  But I'm ready. This year is really about healing for me. And in order for me to truly heal, I know I need God.

Starting tomorrow, I will be spending time in the MORNING with Jesus. I will follow this “challenge” until Easter Sunday to see how my relationship with the Lord strengthens. I look forward to reporting to you How He changes my life and my perspective of prayer.  I encourage you to do the same.  It doesn’t have to be long…just remain consistent in your time with the Lord.  I must say it’s going to be hard for me to wake up earlier to do this (especially to read and pray), BUT if I’ve been able to wake up to exercise, I can certainly give this time to Jesus.

Keep me lifted.

I love you all!


LIVE UNVEILED

6 comments:

  1. Amen.. I know all things are possible they Christ Jesus. Pastor Hannah is teaching the same thing. Confirmation in the spirit realm.. Praying for you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to join you in this challenge and spend some consistent time with Jesus daily. Thank you for sharing! Love you Leslie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Let's do this together Joi. Let's keep each other accountable. Love you too darling!!!

      Delete
  3. Yes!! Thank you for this! #tears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading this Lenee. I must say I had all types of feelings in my stomach when I posted this, but transparency is needed for healing. Sending you hugs!!!

      Delete