Thursday, March 20, 2014

Are you a Rolls-Royce or a Toyota?

Are you working on your passion? Are you not happy in your profession? Are you ready to do what God has called you to do? Me too!  I’ve spoken with many people (even in the past few days) that have a vision, but are tired of waiting.  Me included!  But the truth is that it takes time to develop yourself.

In this example, it takes 13 hours to build a Toyota….yes only 13 hours!  I actually love Toyotas. They have a smooth ride and a nice appearance. But a Rolls-Royce… I think I’ve only sat in a Rolls-Royce. They take 332 times as long to  build.  You don’t see as many of them driven on the road because they are a luxury car, the best of the best. For every 332 Toyotas, you may only see 1 Rolls-Royce.  They are unique. They exude power, prestige, and position.  

So what about you? Are you just like everyone else – just like every Toyota being driven down the street?  Or is God creating you to be unique, powerful, and influential? Take the time to enjoy the journey.  It may be hard. You may cry some tears, and the heat from the pressure of being built may hurt.  It’s okay. Just think of the creation in the end.  Sometimes, you can’t see it, but I encourage you (and me) to keep the faith and enjoy the process.

Over the past 11 years, I've worked in sales and now in education. I can't say that I've worked in my passion, but I've met some incredible people and learned a great deal.  Now I'm so focused on my passion that I want it NOW!  But God has a different plan in mind.  Even though I don't know what that entails, He wants me to learn something. He's building, creating, and molding me into the person He desires me to be. 

I know that I desire to be a Rolls-Royce!  What about you? Remember - LIVE UNVEILED.

**If you’d like to help me name my Thursday posts, please comment below.  I’d like to write about your individual passion and professional growth. Thank you!***


Photo Credit: Instagram (Anonymous)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun! I'm not sure how you deleted that last comment, but you know I totally appreciate you Joi!!! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I'm waiting for "the best of the BEST"- in every area of my life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm talking about Angel! Let's be the Best of the Best!!!

      Delete