Monday, March 17, 2014

Chips. Cookies. Fast Food.

Chips. Cookies. Fast Food. Bread. Desserts. More Fast Food. All the foods I shouldn’t be having right? Well guess what? Last week, I got sick, and I mean sick.  I didn’t meal prep the weekend before because I wasn't feeling well. A matter of fact, I’ve been feeling horrible off and on pretty much all winter.  I didn’t have the energy to cook. Honestly, I didn't even have the taste for anything healthy. Plus, I was depressed about getting sick yet again, so what did I turn to?  Chips. Cookies. Fast Food. Bread. Desserts. More Fast Food. And it wasn’t just in one day. It’s been over the past 5 days….I was craving it over and over and over again and unfortunately, I gave in. Funny thing is that I'm currently participating in a 10-week fitness challenge, but even that could not get me back on track.

I write this post not to complain or have you feel sorry for me, but to share with you all that I’m not perfect (nor will I ever will be). This fitness/health journey is REAL!!!  Plus, I haven’t exercised in over a week, so I’m feeling sluggish.  I got word that I had a sinus infection on Wednesday. Now it’s Monday. I still haven’t meal prepped because my energy has been so low.  Unfortunately, I have zero desire to meal prep. And I reached down today to check out the muscle in my legs, and guess what….it’s nearly gone!  And I’ve picked up a few pounds.  Can I tell you how disgusted I am with myself?

But the journey is real right?  So what do I need to do?  First, I’ve recognized that I’ve resorted to old habits that need to change quickly. It doesn’t take long for the weight to creep back up/old habits to surface.  Now I’m trying to change my mindset after a long week of feeling weak that I can do this! 

I’ve contemplated the past few days about sharing this part of my journey as I desire to be an inspiration.  But if you don’t know the other side…the entire truth to my journey, then it would definitely be false advertisement that I’ve got this all together.  The truth is that I’m struggling right now to get back on track, especially since I’ve been sick off and on for the past few months.  But I’ve got to do something. 

I end this post asking you to keep me lifted! I know I can do this. I’ve done it before, and I refuse to go back to where I used to be. I also challenge you to do the same. If you've fallen off the course, let's get back on together. Let me know what your challenges are, and we can help each other.  I'm here for you! Be the best you that you can be!!!

I love you all, and I pray that my transparency has helped someone today!  You know what they say, “There is freedom in transparency”, and my desire is to be FREE.

10 comments:

  1. Amen..Be encouraged. God blessed us with today..and u will be blessed and live tomorrow..pick yourself up and try again tomorrow..keep ppl like me encouraged.I still believe in you, but even better watch how much better you'll feel tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you so much Candice!!! You have no idea how much you keep me encouraged. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there. Since I'm a trainer and wellness professional, people seem to think I am perfect when it comes to eating and exercise. I like my clients to know I eat burgers sometimes, and if we go out and eat burgers, there is no judgment. It is important to let people know that you are real and human. It helps people to see that good health is attainable without perfection. I'm glad you aren't perfect. I think I'd be annoyed with you if you were, lol....or jealous :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl I love everything about this right here. I appreciate your honesty! I shouldn't feel guilty but I did. I will get back on track. I'm trying now. It's a process but I will certainly get there. Thanks darling!!!

      Delete
  4. I love this! Very inspiring and truthful! I'm here with ya sis and we will get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we will! We've got to. We have a race to prepare for.

      Delete
  5. Not feeling well? It could be that your "system" is a bit out of sorts and maybe, just maybe, a good way to get back into "sorts" is through Probiotics. I suggest you get your hands on some Activia and start to get your gut back in line with some good biotics. People don't really know just how tied our feelings of "well being" are, to what goes on in our digestive tract. Give it a shot. Can't hurt. May well help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I appreciate that! You and one of my friends recommended these to me. I've purchased them. Now I need to start using them. My mom lives by them, so maybe I should do the same. Thank you so much Lou!!!

      Delete
  6. Hey Leslie,
    Honesty always helps us grow. And then when you share it with others, no matter how painful or embarrassing, it helps others grow, too. Continue to be an inspiration, girl. I hope that you feel better soon. God bless you in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacie! Thank you so much for those words. It is so encouraging each time that I hear that my story blesses someone else. I thank God for you!

    ReplyDelete