Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I Did Not Sign up For This!



What did sign up for? I can’t do this. Help me Jesus! Lord, I need you.  Is this what it takes to build a nice body? I don’t know if I can do this.


These are the thoughts that were going through my mind on Saturday during my third personal training session.  In the beginning, I was all smiles because it was my birthday weekend.  By the end, there was not a smile in sight.  I just wanted to cry!  I was tired, felt weak, in pain...still in pain. I wanted “the body”, hired the trainer, have been working out with the trainer, but then I started second guessing myself.  I know it’s a part of my journey, but I literally started getting frustrated, feeling defeated, and getting angry.  Even this morning during my workout, I literally burned half of what I should have burned because my body just doesn’t feel like it used to.  I feel like I’m being broken.  LITERALLY!


I came across this scripture this morning because I needed something to push me/get me out of this funk that I’m in: “Last of all I want to remind you that your strength must come from the Lord’s mighty power within you.” (Ephesians 6:10)  My strength is going to come through Him. Of course it is.  Just like everything else I’ve been through, I’ve had to rely on Him to get me through.  I’ve experienced financial strain, depression, loneliness, and what did I have to do?  Just “look to the hills from whence cometh my help.  My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."
(Psalm 121:1)


So whatever you may be going through today, keep your eyes on Him so that you may rise to the next level He has for you, whether that’s physically (like me), mentally, spiritually, emotionally, or financially.  He’s got you and me!  Let Him break you, so He can mold you how He needs you.

Leslie - You can do this!  You've got this!  You are stronger than ever before. Conquer it girl!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment